Independent Television Service
The Independent Television Service (ITVS) was founded in 1991 and "brings to local, national and international audiences high-quality, content-rich programs created by a diverse body of independent producers. ITVS programs take creative risks, explore complex issues, and express points of view seldom seen on commercial or public television. ITVS programming reflects voices and visions of underrepresented communities and addresses the needs of underserved audiences, particularly minorities and children...
- Sally Jo Fifer - President, CEO
Accessed November 2007: 
- Chair Garry Denny - Associate Director Of Programming, Wisconsin Public Television
- Vice-Chair Lise Yasui - Independent Producer/Media Consultant
- Secretary Jane C. Wagner - Filmmaker, Naked Eye Productions, Ltd.
- Treasurer Maurice "Moss" Bresnahan - President And Chief Executive Officer, ETV
- At Large Beverly Singer - Associate Professor, Anthropology And Native American Studies, University Of New Mexico
- At Large Woodward Wickham - Vice President, Retired, John D. And Catherine T. Macarthur Foundation
- Celia F. Alario - Communications Strategist
- Larry Irving - President, Irving Information Group
- Peter Jaszi - Professor Of Law, Washington College Of Law, American University
- Meg Lu - Business Manager, Time Warner Cable/News 14 Carolina
- Peter Lude - Senior Vp, Solutions Business Us, Sony Electronics, Inc.
- Chon A. Noriega - Director And Professor, Ucla Chicano Studies Research Center
- Ted Russell - Senior Program Officer For The Arts, The James Irvine Foundation
- Web: http://www.itvs.org
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Ford Foundation
- Peter H. Pennekamp
- Center for Social Media
- Jeffrey Chester
- Julia Pimsleur
- Mark Lloyd
- Elsa E'der
- Matters of Race
- James Yee
- WHY DEMOCRACY?
- Claire Aguilar